VDownloader downloads videos with a single click and saves them in the best format and quality (including HD) for watching on your PC, TV, or mobile devices. It can download batches, import and export files, check for RSS updates, and more.
Many sites: VDownloader is compatible with Dailymotion, Vimeo, Yahoo, Break, Facebook, and other major video hosting sites.
Perform Test: When you click Perform Test on the Help menu, VDownloader attempts to download files from all supported sites in order to save you time.
Saved credentials: VDownloader can save and enter YouTube and Facebook credentials automatically so you can download age-restricted content without having to authorize access manually.
Menus: The expanding menus for selecting output format, quality, and more are a bit awkward to navigate. Smaller entries would improve readability without compromising legibility.
Not all sites: Some popular sites, such as Internet Archive, aren’t supported.
Pro tools: Scheduler and Output Format aren’t available with the free edition, yet they are listed in the freeware section.
Ad-free VDownloader’s ability to save videos from sites other than YouTube makes it a contender in a crowded field.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 4.5.2737
- VDownloader now supports over 300 sites. You can find the complete list here.
- Added a playlist player for search results and feeds.
- Improved and fixed some search issues in which VDownloader showed no search results.
- Fixed issue with some adult videos not downloading.
- Fixed issue with Vine downloads.
- You can now download YouTube auto generated subtitles (CC).
- Fixed issue with playlist downloading only 50 videos.
- Fixed Download button in our integrated Browser.
- Improved download speed by removing unnecessary conversions.
- Fixed issue with Vimeo downloads
- Fixed issue with downloads not being canceled.
- Added support for live streaming from popular sources such as YouTube, Twitch and Showroom.
- Various minor bugs and stability improvements.